Saturday, November 1, 2008

Garland for Baylee

Here is a garland I made for my friend's baby boy, Baylee. I got the garland idea from my friend and upline Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Heather. You can check out her blog here. She's very creative and the one that "sucked"* me into being a demonstrator for Stampin' Up! *I use this term in a VERY good way! LOL

My new mommy friend used a safari theme for her nursery. I found a cute safari stamp from Whipper Snapper Designs that I HAD to have. So I used that for her garland. The die cuts are quick cuts. I was actually too lazy to cut my own, so for a time saver, I ordered these off eBay from my favorite die cut seller wehrlyzoo. You can find her eBay store here. She has an awesome assortment of die cuts and is so super sweet. Plus she can pretty much make anything you can think of: she has a wide assortment that she doesn't have posted. If you ask nicely, she's willing to go the extra mile and make something that isn't posted in her store. And they're very reasonably priced. The jungle leaves are from a die cut machine at a local favorite scrapbook store as well as the paper for them. Had to buy their paper to use their machine...and I have no idea what the machine is called. I used SU's Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue for the colors on the backdrop as well as lower simon chipboard from last year's SU catalog (retired). Chocolate Chip was used on the chipboard letters and applied simply using a dauber, a fantastic tool if you haven't used any yet. Barely Banana is also used for the squares on the "a" and the "e". Whisper white was also used.

Thanks for lookin'!

No comments: